“Oh, What a Life I Live!” is the title song of the CD I was listening to. I thought about those words and became very thankful for how life is more than abundant for me as a born-again believer because of what God has given me through Christ. I have what the Word of God says I have, and that is a lot! Confessing this truth alone keeps me grateful each and every day.
What has God given to me and to all of us who are His children? To start, God the Giver, Who is Holy Spirit, gave what He is. His gift is power from on high, holy spirit.
But ye shall receive power, after that [when] the Holy Ghost [holy spirit] is come upon you….
God has given us, in that gift of holy spirit, everything possible for us to have (Ephesians 1:3). We are complete in Christ. Along with the gift of holy spirit and our completeness in Christ, we have sonship and sonship rights. Confessing that we have these sonship rights and acting accordingly adds to the more than abundant life we can live as sons of God. Following are five sonship rights we can confess that we have:
- We have redemption through the blood of Christ (Ephesians 1:7; Colossians 1:14).
- We have been justified freely by God’s grace (Romans 3:24).
- We have been made the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus (II Corinthians 5:21).
- We have been chosen to salvation through sanctification of the spirit and belief of the truth (II Thessalonians 2:13).
- We have been given the ministry of reconciliation (II Corinthians 5:18).
If this were all we had, we could live a very abundant life. But God does not stop with sonship rights. He keeps on going! God’s Word gives us all things that pertain unto life and godliness.
II Peter 1:3:
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.
Let’s look at some other things God has given to the born-again believer that we can confess we have. Following are things we can confess with our mouths, in our hearts, and with our actions:
- We have all sufficiency in all things (II Corinthians 9:8).
- We have access by one spirit unto the Father (Ephesians 2:18).
- We have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 5:1).
- We have the mind of Christ (I Corinthians 2:16).
- We have life and we have it more abundantly (John 10:10).
- We have obtained an inheritance (Ephesians 1:11).
- We have power from on high (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:8).
- We have a seat in the heavenlies (Ephesians 2:6).
What life-changing truths to confess. As we learn more of God’s Word, we can add to the list. Confessing the Word is a big part of putting the Word into the center of our believing. The more we confess that we have what the Word of God says we have, the more our lives will reflect these truths. This is part of the law of believing. Confession of belief yields receipt of confession. What one believes in the depth of his soul absolutely appears in his life.
Each and every day we choose what to confess and take action on. As born-again sons of God, we have power; and when we confess with our mouths and in our hearts and with our actions that we have what the Word of God says we have, we will see that Word come to pass in our lives, and we can declare, “Oh, what a life I live!”